European Directive 2014/53 / EU deals with telecommunications equipment and replaces the R&TTE Directive 1999/5
All telecommunication radio equipment falls within the scope of this Directive, even when they are integrated or are ancillary to other devices (eg medical devices, vehicle components, etc.) as regards, of course, the aspects covered by it.
Essential requirements can be divided into three categories:
- protection of the health and safety of the user or any other person as governed by Directive 2014/35 / EU – Low Voltage Directive – but without applying voltage limits
- protection of electromagnetic compatibility under Directive 2014/30 / EU
- Effective use of the spectrum allocated to terrestrial and space radio communications in order to avoid dangerous interference.
Elettra s.r.l. carries out the activity of checking compliance with:
- Safety requirements
- Electromagnetic compatibility requirements
- The prescriptions regarding the correct use of the radio spectrum
Among others, the following standards apply:
- ETSI 300 330-1 Electromagnetic compatibility and radio spectrum matters (ERM); Short Range Devices (SRD); Radio equipment in the frequency range 9kHz to 25MHz and inductive loop systems in the frequency range 9kHz to 30MHz. Part 1: Technical characteristics and test methods
- ETSI 300 328Wideband transmission systems; Data transmission equipment operating in the 2,4 GHz ISM band and using wide band modulation techniques; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.2 of the Directive 2014/53/EU
- ETSI 301 489-1Electromagnetic compatibility and radio spectrum matters (ERM); electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standard for radio equipment and services. Part 1: Common technical requirements.