European Directive 2014/53/EU covers radio telecommunications equipment and replaces the R&TTE Directive 1999/5
All radio telecommunications equipment falls within the scope of this directive, even when it is integrated in or is an accessory part of other devices (e.g. medical devices, vehicle components, etc.) as far as the aspects covered by it are concerned.
The essential requirements can be divided into three categories:
- protection of the health and safety of the user or any other person as regulated by Directive 2014/35/EU – Low Voltage Directive – but without application of the voltage limits
- protection with regard to electromagnetic compatibility as regulated by Directive 2014/30/EU
- effective use of the spectrum assigned to terrestrial and space radiocommunications in order to avoid dangerous interference.
Elettra s.r.l. carries out the activity of verification of compliance with:
- safety requirements;
- electromagnetic compatibility requirements;
- requirements relating to the correct use of the radio spectrum
Amongst others, some of the applied standards are cited:
ETSI 300 330-1 Electromagnetic compatibility and radio spectrum matters (ERM); Short Range Devices (SRD); Radio equipment in the frequency range 9kHz to 25MHz and inductive loop systems in the frequency range 9kHz to 30MHz. Part 1: Technical characteristics and test methods
ETSI 300 328 Wideband transmission systems; Data transmission equipment operating in the 2,4 GHz ISM band and using wide band modulation techniques; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.2 of the Directive 2014/53/EU
ETSI 301 489-1 Electromagnetic compatibility and radio spectrum matters (ERM); Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standard for radio equipment and services. Part 1: Common technical requirements.
EN 62311 Assessment of electronic and electrical equipment related to human exposure restrictions for electromagnetic fields (0 Hz to 300 GHz).
Elettra is a Notified Body for the RED Directive 2014/53/EU and can support companies through the following services:
- evaluation of the technical design documentation for the issue of the EU Type Examination Certificate (Annex III. Module B) (ON)
performance of tests required to complete the technical documentation (test laboratory)